Friday, August 31, 2012

Story Line - Xcor and Layla's mid-summer day dream




Xcor Ghardian
‎*Rolling over in my bunk, punching my pillow as I cannot find comfort in this hot warehouse. I've been tossing and turning all blessed day trying to get comfortable. I haven't been at ease since the day she...the beautiful Chosen...feed me. Rolling over onto my back, the image of her comes to the forefront of my mind as my lids close. The Chosen- with her long flowing blonde hair cascading down her back like a veil of silken sunlight and her beauty...* Ah the beauty of which I have never seen before *I whisper as I drift onto sleep.*



Layla Ghardian
‎*Feeling unwell, I lie back on my bed in mine suite and try to relax. As my mind wanders an image of the one I wish not to think about comes unbidden. Trying to push the image away at the pain it causes me to feel in mine chest. Before I realize what's happened, I'm asleep but still feel awake. I'm back in that meadow, the sky full of stars and as I turn, I see the large tree where I fed him at. Mine eyes taking in the scenery before hearing a noise and turning. I freeze in place as his name comes out a whisper* Xcor...

Xcor Ghardian ‎
*Staring up at the starry sky, I realize I am back in the meadow- the very one that Zypher had carried me to when I met her. The lush green blades of the glen crush between my feet as I hurry to the spot where I first laid eyes on my angel. Stepping from behind a mossy tree, I find...her* Chosen *The word comes out in a hoarse whisper as the very being I've pined for stands right before me, in the very spot where from which I fed from her*

Layla Ghardian
*Hearing his hoarse whisper, mine eyes lock with his. He appears as shocked to see me as I am to see him. Surely if this was a dream and he a figment of mine imagination, he wouldn't seem so shocked. Moving closer to him, unable to deny the call of being near him any longer. I stop a few feet away and stare into the deepest blue eyes I've ever seen. Trying to speak, I swallow past the lump in mine throat.* How are you here?

Xcor Ghardian
*Her voice! Tis just as I remember. How I long to stroke that beautiful hair, to run my fingertip along those lush lips* I, I do not know, fair Chosen. *Stepping back, unworthy of being in this close proximity of her and instantly reaching for my hood. I cannot bare for this creature so fine, so exquisite to look upon me. Yet my hooded garment is gone. I am exposed.* I should not be here. *I stammer as I back further away from her.*

Layla Ghardian
*Watching as he tries to hide from mine sight and starts to back away, I take a step closer* Please, wait! Do not hide from me *Smiling as he stops moving, I slowly move closer. Knowing I should be running in the other direction, I should be calling out for help. Instead I remain here, where I know I should most definitely not be. It does not matter though, at this moment, I feel safe and I know he would not hurt me.* Xcor, please look at me. I do not know how this is possible that's we are both here, but will you stay and speak with me, please?

Xcor Ghardian
*Looking down into her green eyes as she pleads for me to stay* I ought be in your presence, Chosen. You know my intentions toward the king. I know you must- *Looking away, unable to meet her gaze as I speak the truth* You must know who I am. I am not just a lowly warrior who kills the Lessening Society to protect our race. *Taking another step backwards and walking away, suddenly circling around her so her lovely back to me.* Surely you know that? You ought not of saved me that day in this very meadow.

Layla Ghardian
*Pain...that is all I feel when I hear his words. It's all I see as I look into his face. Standing perfectly still as he starts to circle me and stops at mine back. Closing mine eyes from the sadness, I know too why he does this, he does not wish for me to look unto his face.* I know of what I've been told. I do not know the reasons behind why you feel you need to do what you have. As for mine saving you that day in this very meadow. It was not a mistake and though I know it is wrong to say so, I fear I would do it again if you needed it. *Turning slowly to face him, I keep mine eyes lowered so he will not hide from me again.* Will you tell me your reason, Xcor?

Xcor Ghardian
*Swallowing as I take in her beauty. Why hasn't this perfect specimen of our race not run from me? Why does she gaze upon me with such wonder* The lessening society is foremost mine greatest enemy, Chosen. I have not a *searching for the proper words* distaste per se for thou king. I seek only to- *Aghast I cannot lie to her, not with those beautiful eyes cast down* Our race is dwindling and my soldiers have eliminated the lessening society in the Old Country. I seek only to do the same here. *I am overcome with an urgency for her to look at me as I want to pull her into my arms though it is wrong. So very wrong* Your king *The title comes out with a bite* will never accept my men into his folds. We are but lowly males unworthy to fight along side the warriors he deems capable of defending our race. He grows soft in his reign! *Regretting my harsh words as she flinches and looks up, I lower my eyes to the ground.* Forgive me. I do not wish to frighten you.

Layla Ghardian
‎*Looking up to see his eyes are downcast, I take a deep breath and calm mine nerves.* 'Tis fine, you have not frightened me. I must confess, I do not understand why you and your men could not have worked alongside the Brotherhood. I know now why that cannot happen. *sighing as I turn away and look up at the tall tree before me and the twinkling lights above.* You are all fighting against the lessers. I just do not understand it, I do not think you and your men are lowly either. How could they be when they help to protect our race. *Closing mine mouth quickly, I am afraid to speak any further. With every word I say, I am only confusing mine feelings on the subject more and making me feel like a traitor to my King.*

Xcor Ghardian
*Sensing her discomfort* We ought not speak. You should have fled from this meadow at once. You are far too astonishing to be here in this spot with me. *My words come out in a rush and she looks up, her hand extending as though she wishes to lay her hand upon my familiar. Backing away, shaking my head for if she touches me I shall gather her into my arms and then what would become of us? Nay for the Chosen to be with me would be a death sentence upon her lovely head. But to only hold her for just one moment.* I'd die--- *The words are cut off as the scenery begins to fade away, her features fading along with them. My declaration that I'd die for her never to touch her ears.*

Layla Ghardian
*The meadow and Xcor standing before me disappear quickly. Mine outstretched hand reaching for nothing as I sit up on mine bed. Breathing hard, I look around the room and all mine familiar things. Lying back, I curl up on mine side as I think of what I just dreamed. His face, just before waking and his words..he'd die. I cannot think of what would have come after that, but those words alone cause me anguish. Feeling the tear that slides down mine face toward my temple, I wipe it away quickly. I don't understand these feelings I have toward him when I know he is mine enemy. No, not mine enemy but an enemy of mine King and the Brotherhood. So surely, that makes him mine as well. Squeezing mine eyes shut tight, I focus on happy things like mine young and what I think he or she will someday look like. With that in mind, I fall back to sleep.*

Xcor Ghardian
*Opening my eyes with a start, I realize it was all a dream. She is my dream. Which is why I must stay away from her, never to be in her presence. Pounding my head back against the pillow, there is no doubt in my mind...I wish she was mine.*~


No comments:

Post a Comment